A boutique DC-based public affairs and communications consulting firm is hiring for an entry level position. We have distinguished ourselves by using our insights into the issues, institutions and personalities of our nation’s capital to promote client interests. We pride ourselves on the skills, wit and savvy of our employees and are seeking an Account Coordinator to support our team. Our clients center on policy and subject matter involving transportation but no prior experience in this field is necessary to be a candidate.
We are seeking a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and excellent judgment. The position has a wide-ranging number of responsibilities that include administrative work, research, media relations and meeting planning. As the most junior employee at the firm, the Account Coordinator is tasked with administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- Answering the phone, taking detailed messages and ensuring senior staff receives those messages.
- Troubleshooting IT issues before determining whether it is necessary to engage our outside consultants.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Coordinating account-billing activities to ensure invoices are processed and submitted promptly.
This is a position for people eager to grow; hard work is rewarded with increasing responsibility. As you grow in this role, day-to-day activities will mix with unique opportunities and, because our firm is small, you will be able to contribute a great deal if you show initiative and eagerness to learn. More substantive duties include:
- Monitoring regulatory and legislative issues.
- Preparing communications materials such as letters, newsletters, fact sheets, press releases, etc.
- Creating social media content as well as maintaining client websites.
- Organizing conferences, meetings and receptions that require rate negotiation skills, organizational skills, and event management skills.
- Taking detailed notes and turning them into organized meeting or hearing summaries and reports to be distributed to clients and other audiences.
- Tracking media coverage and maintaining an updated media contact database.
- Efficiently responding to staff, client, media and vendor needs/requests.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Political Science or a related field. Strong time management, research, writing, verbal and organizational skills are essential. Candidates must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize and multi-task in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
The salary for this position is in the mid $30,000 range per year, commensurate with qualifications. To be considered for the position, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Katie Cross via email at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.